19 Oct 2017

And Then, Shop Again...

As regular, and indeed irregular** readers will no doubt have noticed I do like to look for any opportunity to lighten the burden of everyday shopping and today was no exception.

I was excitedly shopping for lemons for her indoors. I’d found the required item and was meandering my way to the checkout when I chanced to pass an elderly lady asking a box toting store manager looking chap where the cling film was located.
”Certainly madam. It’s right here.” He said, politely shuffling the old girl along six inches.

With an opportunity offered to heighten yet further the exciting task of purchasing lemons, I tapped the chap on the shoulder and enquired where I could find the cling film. His eyes did indeed roll to the top of their sockets as he jabbed a finger at the film. He laughed when he saw me laughing and we joined in jolly shopping banter as we moved on down the store. 

Eventually he stopped and, strangely after discussing how dumb some  folk are, announced he’d forgotten where he was bound with his box.

I finally made it to the checkout and placed my solitary bag o’ lemons on the conveyor. I was next with one other customer behind me. Stuff checked, price agreed, money presented, change and receipt received I bade the checkout girl a cheery farewell and strode away towards the exit. 
“Excuse me!” The girl called loudly after me, “You forgot your lemons.”  Damn!

So there you go. Be careful poking fun at dumb folk as your turn to be dumb and poked is just a heartbeat away.

**If  you do happen to be an irregular reader, may I suggest a quick trip to your local pharmacist? They should be able to recommend something available over the counter to get you regular again.

Quote;  Richard Feynman.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.”

No comments: