18 Jul 2017

And Then It Rolls On...

Right, I give up. I bet you thought the ‘banning’ of the use of ladies and gentlemen was something thought up by the lunatic fringe, they’d got wot they wanted and they’d finally flounced off stage right, right? Sadly, but not entirely surprisingly, they’re back for another slice.

While drinking my first coffee this AM and scanning the news, it seems the insane have got the taste for winning and are at it again. The head hurting headline runs like this:
Advertising Standards to get tough on gender stereotypes.
Read the clip below for a taster then, if you dare, click above to read the whole sorry story and try not to dissolve into fits of hysterics. Or despondency.

   The review suggested that new standards should consider whether the stereotypes shown would "reinforce assumptions that adversely limit how people see themselves and how others see them.”
   Portrayals which reinforce outdated and stereotypical views on gender roles in society can play their part in driving unfair outcomes for people," said chief executive of the ASA, Guy Parker.
   While advertising is only one of many factors that contribute to unequal gender outcomes, tougher advertising standards can play an important role in tackling inequalities and improving outcomes for individuals, the economy and society as a whole.

And what the hell does any of that even mean? Is nothing to be left untainted by these utter nutters? Man, it must be sad to see the world and life through their eyes. Why can’t these ‘equality’, or whatever, folk just accept wot they are, wot they’ve got and just enjoy their lives and let the rest of us enjoy our ride through life as well? Please, stop chasing shadows; just enjoy the ride. Trust me, all you young, ‘It’s all about me, me, me!’ folk, it’s not a long ride.

Then I remembered a TV interview from last night with the ‘journalist’ interviewing a lady regarding that other hyper expensive boon-dongle, HS2. The interviewer, talking to the lady, stated, “Your husband’s a farmer...” and continued, for those unfamiliar with the word ‘farmer’, “...who works on a farm.” 
The lady later said, “It’s disgusting the way we’ve been tret.”  Say what now? Tret? Is that even a word? Yes, indeed it is;   An allowance of extra weight made to purchasers of certain goods to compensate for waste during transportation. Well, that doesn’t work does it? How about the Yorkshire slang angle?
To have treated yourself.  Does that fit? Nope, not really. ‘Tret’? ‘Treated’ would’ve worked just fine. And the ladies job is? Yup, a primary school teacher...

See? It all starts to fall into place but I’m going to give it all no never mind as I’m throwing in the towel and desperately looking for a phone number I can call so I can  offer up my unconditional surrender. As I stated at the beginning of this piece, up is wot I be giving.

Quote;  Hans Christian Andersen.

“Enjoy life. There's plenty of time to be dead.”

No comments: